Simplicity, Scale, and Savings. Real. Results
As the only fully integrated, preconfigured, and pre-tested VMware hyper-converged infrastructure appliance family on the market, VxRail™ dramatically simplifies IT operations while lowering your overall capital and operational costs. Combined with Dell PowerEdge server options, VxRail offers highly configurable appliances that meet any use case.
Dell EMC VxRail Appliances
Benefit from the easiest and fastest way to simplify and extend your VMware environment with Dell EMC VxRail hyper-converged infrastructure appliances. Great for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), server virtualisation, databases, business applications, and application consolidation at the enterprise edge.
Transform your IT infrastructure for greater efficiency and lower costs. The VxRail Appliance architecture consists of modular nodes, including models based on Dell PowerEdge servers, and VMware Virtual SAN.
Delve into Dell EMC VxRail
Over 60% of organisations are looking to deploy HCI, if they haven’t already.3 And a lot of them are choosing VxRail.
According to IDC research, sales of VxRail Appliances have consistently outpaced hyperconverged market revenue growth since their introduction after just five quarters of availability. 4
Dell EMC VxRail™, powered by vSAN and offered with Dell PowerEdge servers, is the only specifically developed and fully optimized hyper-converged appliance co-designed and built with VMware. Simply put, VxRail is the easiest and fastest way to simplify and extend a VMware environment.
In this interactive overview of VxRail, you're in the driver's seat. Choose the subjects that matter most to you, and learn about how VxRail can make a real difference for your business.
Hyper-converged appliances that extend and simplify VMware environments
Managed through the well-known VMware vCenter Server, VxRail Appliances provide existing VMware customers an experience you are familiar with allowing you to seamlessly integrate VxRail into your existing IT infrastructure.
VxRail Appliances are fully loaded with integrated Dell EMC mission-critical data services including replication, backup, and cloud tiering at no additional charge and are the industry’s only hyper-converged appliance featuring kernel-layer integration between VMware vSAN and the vSphere hypervisor, delivering unique and unmatched performance and efficiency. As a fully optimised and supported VMware-based solution, the appliances also integrate with VMware’s cloud management platform and end-user computing solutions. VxRail is also a platform for introducing advanced SDDC offerings like NSX, vRealize Automation, and vRealize Operations.
about how VxRail can make a real difference for your business.
Start Small and Grow
The Dell EMC VxRail Appliance allows you to start small – with as few as three nodes - and grow incrementally, scaling capacity and performance easily and non-disruptively up to 64 nodes per cluster. Single-node scaling and storage capacity expansion provide a predictable, “pay-as-you-grow” approach for future scale up and out as your business and user requirements evolve without up-front planning.
Flexibility and Choice
The Dell EMC VxRail Appliance provides extreme configuration flexibility with purpose-built appliances that are designed to address any use case, including big data, analytics, 2D/3D visualisation, or collaboration applications. VxRail Appliances, built with the latest Intel Broadwell processors, also offer a 3-node starting configuration for a lower entry point. The addition of PowerEdge servers expands the VxRail Appliances portfolio - offering GPU optimised, storage dense, high performance computing, and entry level options - to give you the flexibility to choose the VxRail Appliance that is best for your need.
The VxRail portfolio includes:
- G Series – General-purpose appliances for broad hyper-converged use cases. Up to four nodes fit in a single 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- E Series – Entry level, cost-effective appliances for small or remote deployments. Low-profile with one node per 1U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- V Series – VDI-optimised graphics ready appliances with support for up to two graphics accelerators for specialised use cases such as high-end 2D/3D visualisation. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- P Series – Performance intensive appliances optimised for heavy workloads such as databases. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- S Series – Storage dense appliances for demanding applications such as virtualised Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, big data, and analytics. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in hybrid configurations only.