Dell EMC VxRail G Series General Purpose Nodes
The VxRail G Series are general-purpose nodes for broad hyper-converged use cases. Up to four nodes fit in a single 2U chassis. Models include the VxRail G410 (hybrid), and the VxRail G410F (all-flash). These are dual processor models based on the PowerEdge R730 rack server.
Dell EMC VxRail G Series Specification:
- FORM FACTOR: Up to four nodes fit in a single 2U chassis.
- PROCESSORS: Single or dual socket, Up to 32 cores/CPU per node
- MEMORY: Up to 512GB RAM (256 GB per processor) per node
- ADDITIONAL NETWORK OPTIONS: Up to 3 (single CPU and dual CPU)
2x10GbE SFP+, 2x10GbE RJ45, 4x10GbE RJ45
- DISK CONFIGURATION: 6x 2.5” per disk node and up to 4 disk nodes (1 per node)
- MAX CAPACITY: 48TB HDD (hybrid only)
- POWER SUPPLIES: 1200W AC, 1600W AC
- BOOT: BOSS with 2 x 240GB SATA M.2
As the only fully integrated, preconfigured, and pre-tested VMware hyper-converged infrastructure appliance family on the market, VxRail™ dramatically simplifies IT operations while lowering your overall capital and operational costs. Combined with Dell PowerEdge server options, VxRail offers highly configurable appliances that meet any use case.
What’s inside Dell EMC VxRail?
A full suite of capabilities included at no additional charge
Powered by VMware vSAN 6.6
- vCentre Server
- vRealize Log Insight
- vSphere Ready
Lifecycle Management and Support Tools
- vxRail Manager
- Secure Remote Support
Included Data Protection Options
- RecoverPoint for VMs
- vSphere Replication
- vSphere Data Protection
The Dell EMC VxRail Portfolio
The Dell EMC VxRail Appliance provides extreme configuration flexibility with purpose-built appliances that are designed to address any use case, including big data, analytics, 2D/3D visualisation, or collaboration applications. VxRail Appliances, built with the latest Intel Broadwell processors, also offer a 3-node starting configuration for a lower entry point. The addition of PowerEdge servers expands the VxRail Appliances portfolio – offering GPU optimised, storage dense, high performance computing, and entry level options – to give you the flexibility to choose the VxRail Appliance that is best for your need.
The VxRail portfolio includes:
- G Series – General-purpose appliances for broad hyper-converged use cases. Up to four nodes fit in a single 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- E Series – Entry level, cost-effective appliances for small or remote deployments. Low-profile with one node per 1U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- V Series – VDI-optimised graphics ready appliances with support for up to two graphics accelerators for specialised use cases such as high-end 2D/3D visualisation. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- P Series – Performance intensive appliances optimised for heavy workloads such as databases. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- S Series – Storage dense appliances for demanding applications such as virtualised Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, big data, and analytics. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in hybrid configurations only.